Aluminium in orgonite?

8 Comments on Aluminium in orgonite?

Gifting for me has always been a solitary exercise ever since I started about 3 years ago. No one I know has ever been supportive, beyond polite curiosity, and frankly my family thinks I’m crazy.  But sometimes you get a breath of fresh air.

An old friend who we have known for about 20 years was visiting.  The middle aged Maori man pointed to the Hhg from Orgonise Africa that sits by the computer and said ‘that looks like a good one, a real good one.’   He called it orgone. ‘You know,’ he said, ‘there are people who throw little ones in the bushes around the cell phone towers, supposed to fix the enegy.  Yeah, i said joyfully I’m one of them! It was the first time I have ever met someone in real life who knows about orgonite so it was like a shock and really exciting.  He said he is not a gifter himself but that  one of his family members was actively gifting some years ago and educated the whole family.

He went on to say, did you know, you’re not supposed to make them with aluminium? Makes them weak and they don’t work as well.

I didn’t know that.  In everything I’ve read about how to make orgonite, there’s nothing about avoiding aluminium.  Is this misinformation?

This is in new zealand by the way.

thanks
mara

8 thoughts on “Aluminium in orgonite?

1. Carlos Silva

Since the beggining and with very few exceptions, all the orgonite we use contains aluminium – I’ve personally made some with copper shavings but it’s too expensive and without extra benefits, at least for gifting. Shavings of any metal will do, though – aluminium just happens to be cheap, light and plentiful.
    Anyone is free to search this website and the archives of the old forum if you need records on the effectiveness of basic orgonite devices made with resin, aluminium shavings and crystal. Or get some and see it for yourself!

Mara, it’s not unusual to get challenged about what we know and do. Nothing wrong with it and I’m sure there are some beliefs we hold personally which will eventually benefit from a teardown. But irrational statements lacking evidence aren’t something to waste much time with, in my view, even when coming from someone we may look at as a peer.

I apreciate you sharing your personal experience here and am looking forward to read some more of your gifting reports from lovely New Zealand 😉

Carlos

2. Love generation

Thank you for that Carlos. I am going to try to making my own going forward, that’s why I asked about it. Instead of buying and having shipped from overseas.

3. dooney

I wanted to add that there is nothing wrong with using aluminum in orgonite. It doesn’t make the orgonite weak at all. It’s the metal I have used most for the past 14 years of making orgonite because it’s the cheapest and easiest to find. Carol did comment in the video we did while making the Super CB’s that she likes to mix several different kinds of metal together in the resin, but it’s not necessary for effective orgonite. You’ll find as you make and gift more and more orgonite that you become more sensitive to the energy and you’ll be able to perceive for yourself what is happening when you make the orgonite. Have fun!
    Dooney

4. david rodgers

Hi, this is an interesting topic because there are so many anti aluminum orgonite ppl. Personally i have used steel, aluminum, and brass separately and all mixed together. They all seem fine to me.
    The other thing i see when i check random orgonite vids is this idea that you have to layer and wait between batches for each layer to set up. Does this make orgonite stronger?
    It would be nice if i could point to some repeatable results from a meter or special camera or something.
    Recently i came into a big box of alu. shavings and a 5er of surfboard laminating resin…. Work to do there. Sometimes i stream the pour live on youtube, but im having trouble finding a good camera angle and such. thanks for keeping this blog alive.

1. dooney

Hi David,

I believe the idea of pouring in layers is simply to preserve your mold because a big pour all at once gets pretty hot when the catalyst and resin start reacting and can warp and ruin a mold. That’s the only reason I’ve ever poured in layers. Hope this helps.
      Dooney

5. Switchback

I swayed back and forth on this issue. Finally I just asked my heart what materials to place and what about aluminum?
    The answer arrived a few days later in a conversation at Home Depot. I just happened to be in the electrical section and a random conversation started about how expensive electrical wiring was per foot. The gentleman pointed out to me that they used to make aluminum electrical wiring that was cheaper, but it was a poor conductor, added resistance and caused plenty of fires before it was discontinued.
    I received my answer.
    Aluminum is not a great energy conductor. It’s cheap but not that great. .

I have copied /pasted an excerpt from an article that talks about aluminum wiring.
    —-
    Aluminum as a Metal

Aluminum possesses certain qualities that, compared with copper, make it an undesirable material as an electrical conductor. These qualities all lead to loose connections, where fire hazards become likely. These qualities are as follows:

higher electrical resistance. Aluminum has a high resistance to electrical current flow, which means that, given the same amperage, aluminum conductors must be of a larger diameter.
    Reference Credit:

Now before we go into debates, I will add that there is probably 50 different materials that can be used … I’m not saying that aluminum is bad. It’s just not that good.

After that conversation I had, I decided that copper, copper bbs, steel shavings and any hard metals would be fine but I’d try to stay away from aluminum…

Again, we all have our methods and opinions, I just believe that aluminum is not a great long term energy conductor.

I welcome your thoughts.

Switchback

6. Carlos Silva

Great to see all these comments here.

Aluminum has been thouroughly tested in orgonite for 18 years with great success and by a great number of people. That’s not a belief – it’s consistent, verifiable results, which is what we’re all looking for, right? Simple tools that do the job, which in this case is to create positive change in people and the environment.

So far nobody has written an authoritative volume on how orgone really works, top to bottom. Still, it’s easy to prove orgone is not behaving the same way as electricity because quite obviously it can travel across insulating materials.

In connection with that, there’s a weird theory that orgonite works because the crystal gets squeezed by the resin, when the resin is curing. That’s called the “piezoelectric effect” and that effect does exist, it just doesn’t have anything to do with orgone. It’s a misdirection, a way to get people distracted from the fundamentally simple nature of orgonite and energy dynamics. Orgonite is working with only a mix of metal shavings and catalized resin – that’s it, folks! 😉 The crystal – which can be added but does not have to be – improves orgonite, probably because it gets the energy to be used more efficiently.

7. dooney

I agree with Carlos that you are talking about two different things, Switchback. Electrical energy and orgone/etheric energy are different, so I don’t believe it’s accurate to compare the two. Aluminum is perfectly fine and very effective for orgonite, and that’s 14 years of personal experience talking. 🙂 I think it’s very appropriate for you to follow your heart on the matter, but it’s not helpful for you to say that aluminum is “just not that good” as that will discourage people, especially newcomers, from using an effective and easily obtained metal for orgonite.
    Dooney